Monday, July 16, 2007



Babies Babies Babies... This is the only talk around me for past one month! That's cause my sissy delivered a beautiful baby gal last Friday - 6th July!

It's gonna be one of the most unforgettable days of our life. That’s the first time I saw a lady drive in for labour; and that’s the first time I picked up a few hours old new born! I was really scared to hold the newborn, but now handle her with ease!!!

From the time of her birth we have been having lots of people visiting us to see the new mom and our bundle of joy.

I always used to thing of a solid reason on - why a baby sleeps during the day and is awake most of the night - We call it US timing - I never got any reason to this.

This weekend we had a visitor – a Pediatrician. During our conversion he was giving us few medical gyan (not about operations but about child psychology). When I asked him about US timing which new born adopt, he gave me a beautiful explanation.

When the baby is in mom's womb for 9 months, the baby sleeps during the day and wakes during nights. This is cause during the day when mommy walks, babies feels the moment as a swing and falls asleep. Later during the night when mommy sleeps during nights, baby finds it silent and stays awake. After the babies birth, this practice of the baby (sleep during day) continues and it would take about 2 months for the baby to change the habit.

Now that’s y we find most of the little one’s sleeping during the day! This was really a new to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment