Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jonny Jonny.. yes papa.. Telling lies... yes papa :D

* The title of this post was changed from 'Lieing to parents' to 'Jonny Jonny.. yes papa.. Telling lies... yes papa :D' cause of two devils. And, this post is not about we lieing to our parents. It is about how our parents can make out every single change in us.
Liging to parents: This is something I just C-A-N-N-O-T do!!! Even if I try to, I end up looking like a jOKEr (I know what you are thinking!! :-P) (Inspite of this I give it a try :D)

One incident is still afresh in my mind. It was about two-and-half years ago. I had to attend one of my colleagues wedding. It was a Christian wedding so it was in the evening. Those days, I had a strict order at home to reach home early and not wander anywhere other than my office. Reason: I was getting married in couple of weeks.

But did that order stop me? NO. I was thinking how bad my friend would feel if I dint attend his wedding. (Ask me if he remembers who all attended his wedding! Ha Ha.) So, we (Me and My friend - partner in *crime*) decided to start early from office and headed to the venue. On way, we had to purchase gift for the couple, find the route and had a fight with the auto guy!! By 7.00 pm we managed to reach the hall. The newly weds were yet to arrive from the church. Meanwhile, we caught up with our colleagues who were around. By then, the couple arrived. Wishes followed. And, I checked the time. It was 7.45!!! We thought to skip the dinner so that we can reach home on time. (and go home and tell our parents we had dinner *another lie*) LOLz.

We ended up having the dinner from the mandap. How can we hurt our friend by not eating at his reception :D? Then, we took an auto back home. Just then my dad called me. I missed a heart beat on seeing call. Thousands of questions were running in my mind – what will he ask? What will I say? How will I manage? Amma is gonna kill me. I recited the lines I had to utter for the question my dad MAY ask, and pressed the green button on my phone. Said ‘yes acha’. (For all the non-malayalee readers (IF ANY haha), Acha means dad in Malayalam). He asked me, ‘Where are you molae?’ (Again, for all the non-malayalee readers, ‘molae’ means ‘dear daughter’). I prompt replied ‘On way home acha..’. Not that I was very good in dialog delivery!! Cause I could clearly guess from my dad’s response that he knew what I was doing.

Not that going to a party without informing parents is a blunder. But, going ANYWHERE without informing your loved one’s is just not the right thing to do!

And, if you are up to ANYTHING without your parents knowledge, just pluck the thought out of you! Cause your parents can notice even a small change in you and can easily guess what you are upto!

1 comment:

  1. So poor mridu, i felt sad for you. Can't figure out their questions before they threw!!?!?
    I (R)eckon (e)ven i was there at the weddin(g) right? Does the (An)other Partner in crime was also in soup?

    ReplyDelete