Friday, March 27, 2009

Happiness...

I am noticing that I visit my blog mostly when am down, terrible upset or irritated. Right now, it is a mix of the three.

There are lot of mails, gyans, and messages on how to be happy in life. But I dont see anybody following the path to happiness nor do I follow it. Everything is cyclic. If am happy people around me will be happy. If they are not, that reflects on me.

What makes one unhappy?
faliure?
jealousy?
misunderstanding?
dissatisfaction?
discontent?
disregarding?
ignorance?

The list is on and on. Few of the reasons are due to our beliefs. Rest is cause of the people around us. When I was listing the above mentioned reason, I was wondering what could lead to these. Ideally, an ignorance or disregarding could lead to misunderstanding, or the other yround.

There are people who ignore the cause of unhappiness, and try to be happy. Some people move to their own world when something hurts them. These people either keep to themselves or go around speaking philosophies.

There would also be instances when we will actually be upset but we will not know the reason behind it or we will fool ourself by hiding/not thinking about the reason.

On such instances, I get reminded of an advice from one of my teachers. And I follow her words which actually ends up making me feel better.

If you are upset over something and you dont know the reason, then you should sit quietly and think about all that had happened to you and around you from morning. One by one all the incidents will flash in your mind. And when u come accross the incident that has been troubling you, your heart actually becomes heavy. This is so damm true! Once you get hold of this reason, you should find out what exactly affected your mood - which moment caused you more pain. Once you find that, you can easily find a solution to it. If you are not finding a solution, then it means the problem is linked to someother person. Do not wait for a second. Talk to the concerned person.

It does wonders! I am yet to improve on the second part of the technique i.e., talking to the concerned person. Cause I tend to supress my worries within myself. I have changed quite a lot. I can see I am reaching there!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mridu, no theory or advice can bring you happiness. i believe, happiness is not a state of mind. it is an attitude. u have it or not have it. when you are simplest of the simple, you have more happiness... as 'Geetha' say, practice 'virakthi' and travel towards 'happiness'.. god bless you ...

    ReplyDelete